HIV Anxiety Support Community

Still Extremely Worried

Dear Joggen and Collegues,
I have had several solid responses with thanks from Professionals within the HIV Prevention Group about NOT being exposed to HIV and having no risk due to a non sexual intersourse, but oral experience of vaginal fluids on my hand, sucking nipples and minor taste in my mouth....

Trying to focus on positives here, but have developed a sore throat in recent week and its not going away. My foolish ordeal was 4 weeks ago in Asia and my anxiety continues to rise thinking I have symptoms of HIV.

I would welcome some comments with thanks please. Kind regards.

A.
I have nothing further to add except that I think guilt/regret over the encounter is probably responsible for your anxiety. If you can't let this go, then have a single antibody test at 6 weeks, collect your negative result, and move on with your life.
Joggen,
Thanks indeed for yr comment. And I certainly will have this six week test.

Regards
Dear Joggen,
Last week I had an 8 week HIV test and Hep Tests, all came back negative.... Is this realistic to assume I won't need a 12 week test? Still extremely anxious and still have sore glands under right arm and chin.

Look forward to yr comments please, kind regards.

Whether somebody needs another test for anxiety relief is totally up to them. But if it's accuracy you are concerned about, you aren't going to get better accuracy after 8 weeks- the tests are virtually 100% accurate by then. The test proved that you don't have HIV. If I were in your situation I would take the result to bank and forget about this and move on with my life, especially considering how trivial your non-exposure was. There is no reason to be concerned about HIV if you didn't have penetrative sex.
Dear Joggen,
Thanks indeed for your comments above, much appreciated. Anxiety is a terrible thing, it is certainly playing havoc.
Thankyou for your support to this Group, shall keep you informed.

Kind Regards
Can't seem to post a note to you....
Unsure as to why I can't see yr posts either.... Please inform me of things.
Dear Joggen,
I did go for the next anxiety test at near 13weeks, as I'm sure you knew I would. All negative, actually got my result on the 13week mark of my foolish event.

Thanks for your support and comments, very much appreciated. Your work is fantastic.

Kind regards

A.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.