2nd Generational Hiv Test Window Period

I read that window period for hiv antibody test is 3 months. Whether it is applicable for 2nd generation antibody test? Pls answer.
Yes, at 12 weeks they will be conclusive too.
Thank u so much for your reply. Then how long it will take for 3rd Generation Hiv Test?

And Window Period for 1st generation Hiv Antibody Test?
They are all conclusive at 3 months. I doubt the 1st gen is used any more.
Hello, third and fourth gen Elisa tests are the most common ones nowadays, as you've been told, according to CDC, they are conclusive if taken after 12 weeks, 3rd gen will give you an excellent indicator around 8 - 10 weeks after exposure and 4th gen if taken 4 - 6 weeks.

Only a doctor, based on your risk level and his experience could advice you to skip the confirmatory test after 12 weeks post exposure.
Thank u Both for the reply ...

By the way, I completely agreed with sleeplessnights34 advising.

You are reading content posted in the HIV Prevention Community