Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.6k Members

HIV Prostitute

I'm an 18 year old guy. About a month ago I had vaginal sex with a prostitute with a condom. That's WITH a condom. I had shaven my pubic hair earlier that day and my skin was irritated. Her HIV status is unknown to me, as in, I don't know if she had HIV or not. Her vaginal fluid got on the base of my penis where the condom did not cover. If it matters, I did not ejaculate during intercourse. After we stopped I got in the shower and scrubbed my genitals thoroughly with soap. I also masterbated and ejaculated; mostly to clean out my urethra. I got tested for various STDs and HIV and I get the results tomorrow. No matter what the result is of the HIV test I plan to be tested again in about two months and again three months after that. I can deal with any other STD, but I can't deal with HIV. What do ya'll think about all of this???? Any opinions, advice, probabilities....anything would be helpful and infinitely appreciated. Thank you.
40 Responses
425289 tn?1207238324
There is no way you could have gotten HIV from the encounter you described. Sex with a condom is called protected sex with a reason. HIV cannot go through latex. You are not at risk.
425289 tn?1207238324
Also, wanted to add, the chances the prostitute had HIV (if you are in the US or Canada) is very low.
but what about the fact that my skin was irritated to the point of minor bleeding earlier that day and that her vaginal fluid came in contact with that irritated skin (if she was infected)?
425289 tn?1207238324
Even if your penis was irritated, if it was not bleeding at the time the vaginal fluid came in contact with it, you aren't really at risk.
any stats on percentage of infected prostitutes in u.s.?
HIV isn't a game of chance. You want to play chances or odds go to the horse track. Use a condom correctly and consistently each and every time and you won't have a risk.
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.