HIV test neg at 8 weeks, but have fatigue, swollen throat etc
11 weeks ago, I had unprotected vaginal sex with a male who said he had been tested and was clean (unsure when he'd been tested) and had not slept with anyone else after exiting a long term relationship.

At almost 8 weeks, I had a blood test for HIV/Syphilis etc which came back negative, however I don't know what kind of test they used. I don't know if they tested for antibodies or the virus itself.

The day I took the test, I also developed a very sore throat, swollen glands, fever, rapid pulse etc. They've persisted on and off until now, and I have developed joint pain too. I'm worried that they are ARS symptoms caused by HIV.

I'm in Australia, if that affects the test that they would have used.

Do you think it's likely to be HIV? I'm losing a lot of sleep.
That 8 week negative Hiv test result is excellent and highly unlikely to change at 12 weeks when you receive a conclusive result.Australia has some of the best STD clinics in the world,especially in sydney and melbourne.
your "symptoms" are not ars related.  if someone experiences them, they come at 2-4 WEEKS post infection...not 8.
Just letting you know that everything came back negative. It's been a big wake up call - I never want to have to wait so long for results again.

Thank you for the support.

:)

Thank you for the support.

:)