HIV Prevention Community

HIV testing after incident

I had a condom break while an unknown guy was having sex with me anally. I freaked and when I went to the NYC department of health, they told me to take an acute HIV test that had a window of 7-10 days post exposure to be accurate. I got it done 17 days after the incident. Results came back negative. I believe it was a duo or antigen something kind of test. Would be this accurate? What should I do?
Ha I read the post right under mine and I guess that person may have taken the same test. But at 17 days post would mine be accurate?
If it was the DUO/COMBO then you had an excellent result,however that result would be even better at around 28 days+.That test with a 7 to 10 day window might be the HIV RNA by PCR which is an excellent test,but needs to be followed up by an antibody test at 12 weeks.At the moment things look good for you but repeat the DUO at 4 weeks or an antibody elisa at 6 weeks for a better result.
Okay I will do the antibody Elisa because it is 6 weeks now actually. Is that the finger prick one? By taking this Elisa would that negative be it?
It is considered 99% at 6 weeks.The need to follow up at 12 weeks is to follow CDC guidelines.It's either by finger prick or by syringe--blood drawn sample.Just to let you know,the expert doctors have never seen a negative result at 6 weeks later turn positive at 12 weeks.
Thanks for that! I will go tomorrow for the regular finger prick and hope for the best. Do I have to specify antibody Elisa of is that the standard finger prick one?
I am sure that it will be an antibody test that you will be having.All the best.