HIV Prevention Community

My HIV test result

Good evening Dr HH
I know that you are very busy. But please could you take your little time to answer my concern about HIV test please?
I am a gay man and doing very high risk sexual encounter (anal without condom). I had sex with a man at 5 and half months ago. When i asked him if he was suffered form HIV or not. And he said he was negative (but i realized that i shouldn't have trusted him) and he is doing nursing in a hospital. And got an HIV test on 1-month mark and 3-month mark (from 10/06/2010 to 13/09/2010) and the test results was both negative. The test was performed by Melbourne Pathology. The test came within a day so i thought this was the rapid blood test. I also did test of Hepatitis A, B, C and they were negative too. However, now i feel tired, and slightly swollen lymph node in my neck, sore throat. So i was wondering if my 3-MONTH NEGATIVE TEST IS CONCLUSIVE OR NOT? Should i take a test at 6-month mark because i am a gay men and did very high risk sexual encounter (some medical service still suggest 6-month mark)? And should i trust the rapid blood test?
Should you take another tests? No. Your 3 months negative result is conclusive.  Be sure to never do the same mistake again. Always use condom and never share your needles.
In Australia labs do not use rapid test,it can be  ECLIA  or clia assay,And if  they take your blood in the morning you can have resultats  same afternoon from most labs
ECLIA , ELISSA , EIA and Rapid tests are the same.
Thanks you very much. But i don't understand why 6-month mark test is still suggested? I believe that i am a normal person, not being treated by chemotherapy or not depending heavily on drugs or something like that. However, when i suffered those symptoms like that, i am so scared. And i am afraid that they might get false negative result. Or the HIV antibody has not produced in my body. I AM SCARED, REALLY SCARED. Does HIV antibody take that long (more than 3 months) to produce in body of gay people?  I did the test 2 times: 1-month mark and 3-month mark. As i said the tests were performed by Melbourne Pathology. They state that they are now performing the combination of HIV ab/ag test.
You don't fall in the testing guideline for someone that may need to test longer than 3 months. You don't need further test and you have a conclusive negative result.
Thank you very much. But i have one more question is that DOES HIV ANTIBODY TAKE LONGER THAN 3 MONTH TO PRODUCE IN BODY, ESPECIALLY GAY PEOPLE? And the man i was with 5 and half months ago is a nurse in the kind of famous hospital. I ASSUME that he got HIV (JUST ASSUME because he told me that he was negative), does it affect to my result at 3-month (i am afraid it might be false negative)? Should i get 6-month test for definitive? The tests were performed by specialist in Melbourne Pathology and they are doing the combination of ab/ag test?
Please answer my question. It really concerns me please.... DOES HIV ANTIBODY TAKE LONGER THAN 3 MONTH TO PRODUCE IN BODY, ESPECIALLY GAY PEOPLE? And the man i was with 5 and half months ago is a nurse in the kind of famous hospital. I ASSUME that he got HIV and on medications (JUST ASSUME because he told me that he was negative), does it affect to my result at 3-month (i am afraid it might be false negative)? Should i get 6-month test for definitive? The tests were performed by specialist in Melbourne Pathology and they are doing the combination of ab/ag test?