HIV Prevention Community

Rapid HIV test accuracy

I had gone in for a routine check-up earlier this year and got an abnormal pap result.  Was told I had HPV and that I needed to come in a month later for a follow-up.  I have been sexually active with multiple partners...and have not always used a condom (although they have pulled out) - STUPID ME.  I have not had any STD testing done before and was quite nervous after recieving this news.  I was not aware of my partners' history (although they had insisted they were clean).  I went to Planned Parenthood and took a rapid UniGold HIV test that tests for HIV-1 only.  The woman at the clinic told me that my results were negative.  My last sexual encounter was about 6 months ago.  How accurate is this particular rapid test??

Just recently, over the last two weeks, I've been experiencing irregular (for me) bowel movements...sometimes loose stool, other times diarrhea. I've read that this is a symptom of HIV - could I have gotten a false negative??

Please advise.  Could the anxiety and paranoia be contributing to this?
as long as the test was done 3 months post your last unprotected sexual encounter, then your result is conclusive..
you dont have hiv
yes anxiety can cause irregular bowel movements and loose stools..not due to hiv
Thanks for your response, kumar007!
Does it matter that this test doesn't recognize HIV-2?
HIV-2 is rare in the United States.