HIV Prevention Community

Rare HIV strains and testing

Teak, thank you very much for the answer about HIV 1 group O,N and P testing. In your opinion every strain can be detected by ELISA test, but how would you explane that you can't donate blood if you are from certain contrys from Africa...? Does it mean that some strains can't be detected? Plus, some articles from the internet give information that there are some cases of HIV 1 group O infection were missed. How can I trust test result?
Blood banks policy. You can't give blood if you've paid for sex for a year. You can't give blood if you are gay. Had a tattoo within the year.  The blood banks have hard core policies to protected the blood supply.
Teak, but what about those questions before the blood donation? What if you just lived in Africa for a wile, you can't donate blood?
Anyway, do you know if there is a place I can go to have more advanced tests besides ELISA and HIV 1 PCR
http://www2.redcross.org/services/biomed/0,1082,0_557_,00.html
You aren't going to find a more advanced test.