HIV Prevention Community

Rash on Penis approximately 10 days after Heterosexual Insertive Anal sex. HIV?

Good day to everyone.

5 years ago I participated in a sexual episode with an ex-girlfriend of mine. I engaged in unprotected anal sex as the insertive partner. (I'm not circumcised, and I thoroughly washed my genitals afterward.) Now, to be honest. I have no reason to believe that my ex girlfriend is anymore "at risk" than anyone else. However, about 10 days after this episode, I noticed a painless, blotchy rash on the shaft and head of my penis. It was dark red in color, with no discharge or anything else accompanying it. Not too long ago I recalled this sexual episode and found myself curious of why the rash was so delayed in its occurrence. I read a several posts on the internet, and a few of those mentioned a rash being a result of an acute HIV infection. (2-4 weeks I believe.) I thoroughly explained this to a few friends of mine who are ER physicians. Both of them just laughed about my overactive mind and told me my only health was concern was being a hypochondriac.

It's been 5 years, last year. I battled strepthroat for 6 months off and on. (I never finished my antibiotics.) Plus, I tested positive for mono. (I don't know how relevant that information is.) I just want to know, does HIV sound likely? I know, I know.. I really just need to get the damned test in order to have an assertive answer to my questions. I thought I would ask someone else besides my friends first. At any rate, I really appreciate your responses. Thank you.
let me just add, this rash lasted for a total of 2 days, I think. It left by itself, fairly quickly.
Test now for a conclusive result

Symptoms mean NOTHING

Hope this helps