A
A
A
Close
Heart Rhythm Community
12.2k Members

New (kinda) onset of pvc.. Any input appreciated

Hello,

Longtime lurker here, and reading the posts here helped a lot. Quick story is Im 27 male, generally healthy and exercise frequently,  first told I had pvc 5 yrs ago and told it was stress related and not to worry about it, and couple months later it went away. Now starting 2 mo ago it came back and has been pretty constant daily. All my exams have been normal and no other real symptoms other than pure annoyance and anxiety.

I do notice very specific pattern. For ex, pvcs never happen until 3-4 hrs after I wake up. And it also goes away for about 6-8 hrs after I exercise (so I've been more motivated to exercise which is good I guess). I've been trying multiple stuff such as different magnesium, although I keep switching every week or so cause I don't get immediate relief so maybe I should try sticking to one. But my specific pattern with sleep and exercise makes me think this is more hormone related? Anybody experienced this?

One other thing is that I was a pretty heavy mj smoker for the past yr, and I noticed pvcs come back once I quit 2mo ago so maybe it's related as well, although I would think 2mo is long enough for it to wash out of my system?  I am also more anxious person at baseline and recently started a new job which has been stressful.

Any input on how to better deal with this would be appreciated. Thanks so much!
1 Responses
1124887 tn?1313754891
I think your change of job could be the root cause of your PVCs. I doubt it has anything to do with quitting smoking mj or different types of magnesium supplements.

If your PVCs indeed are stress related (which it sounds like they are) a small dose of beta blockers may help. But the best treatment is to try to accept them. Don't try to "never have PVCs" - by doing so you label them as dangerous or something you can't deal with. Just let them be there - and change your focus to something else.

Easier said than done, of course. But there are billions of people with PVCs out there, and most people ignore them or don't notice them.

Have an Answer?
Top Arrhythmias Answerers
1807132 tn?1318743597
Chicago, IL
1423357 tn?1511085442
Central, MA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Salt in food can hurt your heart.
Get answers to your top questions about this common — but scary — symptom
How to know when chest pain may be a sign of something else
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.