Heart Rhythm Community

feeling of heart stopping

I have a problem of feeling really sleepy,but when i am drifting off it feels like my heart stops,I feel the jolt all over.I have even felt it in my tongue..I just had some test done,and seems all is ok,but i do have a little arithmea..Dr. said nothing really to worry about.I also have gerd bad..there are times i have to get out of bed sooner than i want to because of these feelings..What can be the problem??
Have you checked out HYPNIC JERK which is very common and often described as feeling  like an electic shock and usually occurs just as we are falling asleep and is a completely normal experience - I get them myself. Glad you have checked this out with your doctor and hope this helps you.
dave