A
A
A
Close
Heart Rhythm Community
12.1k Members
754107 tn?1233668478

heart cell scar regeneration

hi are any of you aware of heart cells regenerating after ablations.  I have had five surgeries (two last year with one ablation using over 900 points ablated and a minimaze with over 800 points on the outside of the heart).  My last surgery was 3 weeks ago and my doctor was dumbfounded as he has done 2 of my surgeries and has the disk from the minimaze and said if he didnt do them himself he would have thought i never had any heart procedures, my heart has no scarring whatsoever and it can only be that the cell have regenerated somehow.  After some research, i have found that they are doing research with stem cells and lab animals but havn't come across anyone regenerating cells such as i have.  The problem i have is for my afib and tachy to stay away i need the scars to remain.  Anyone else familiar with this?  Also if anyone knows any researchers looking into this maybe my unique physiology may be of interest to them and I'd be willing to talk with them.  Thanks for any input.  ShawnVE, Ph.D.
1 Responses
995271 tn?1463924259
just bumping the post to stay on the main page.  Around this board we hear about people having initial success with these procedures only to have the problem come back.  Hopefully someone who's had specific experience will be along to help.
Have an Answer?
Top Arrhythmias Answerers
1807132 tn?1318743597
Chicago, IL
1423357 tn?1511085442
Central, MA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Salt in food can hurt your heart.
Get answers to your top questions about this common — but scary — symptom
How to know when chest pain may be a sign of something else
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.