A
A
A
Close
Heart Rhythm Community
12.1k Members
1242350 tn?1274465412

heart problem still unknown?

i've been to 2 cardiologists already.. for the past 8 or so years my heart feels like it flutters, skips a beat or has an extra beat, or just does something weird? its hard to explain, ive had echocardiograms, i've worn moniters and have had episodes while wearing the moniter but nothing ever shows up on the moniter so the doctors look at me like im crazy, but i really feel this and even though they tell me my heart is fine and is beating normally, its even more scary to not know what it is that i am feeling.. it happens several times a day everyday.. does anyone know what it could be?
1 Responses
754107 tn?1233668478
hi, it could be that the recording devices are not set up to pick up the feelings duration.  For example, my pacemaker is set to pick up atrial fibrillation events but they have to last for over 30 seconds, the shortest time that the pacemaker can pick up.  But in that time, I can have events, same as you, and then the residual symptoms associated with the change in heartbeats can be what you feel and be very real and debilitating.  PVCs PACs can be a single heartbeat and then happen several heartbeats later and never be picked up as anything more than static on the holter monitors - have you used the self-recorded monitors (i.e., you click a button when your having an episode) or ones that recorded everything according to preset criteria.  Anyhow, the PVCs and/or PACs which would be most likely your extra or skipped beat will produce your symptoms if your hypersensitive but alone usually just drive you crazy; I am and feel every beat of my heart but other heart patients don't even notice, I guess its in our physiology.  Some people find it can be associated with foods and liquids - hot or acidic, caffine, cough/sinus/etc. meds.  and so on.  Good luck
Have an Answer?
Top Arrhythmias Answerers
1807132 tn?1318743597
Chicago, IL
1423357 tn?1511085442
Central, MA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Salt in food can hurt your heart.
Get answers to your top questions about this common — but scary — symptom
How to know when chest pain may be a sign of something else
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.