Heart Rhythm Community

long qt signs ? seizures

I have a family history of seizures. my mothers brother has epilepsy, and it started around 18 years of age suddenly, and he is now 37 and has had probably 30 or more over the years. I just found out that my mothers sister had 3 convulsions when she was aged 5/6 in school years, i dont know why, but one or two of them they nearly lost her. I dont know specifics as to why yet, or weather its related to high temperature etc, just that they nearly lost her! shes now 45!  they say she suffered some degree of normal thinking through one of these seizures, and has never seemed normal since.

i am a little concerned now as to weather the potential for long qt syndrome could be in my family. Three reasons i think this;

1 - sudden seizures at 18/19 years old.
2 - auntie's seizureswhen she was young must of caused oxygen starvation of the brain to result in some degree of abnormal behaviour afterwards.
3 - why would these seizures only happen when my auntie was young, and never continue? could they be triggered by something?

any help we be most appreciated
I honestly don't know the correlation between seizures and long qt.  I know long qt can cause vt in some but not sure about seizures.  A simple ekg should rule out long qt if you are concerned.  As for seizures in general I can't say for sure and you may want to ask your question in the epilepsy area but from what I understand people can out grow them.