Heart Rhythm Community

toprol overdose?

I take toprol xl 100 mg once daily.  I don't know if I already took it today.   Any danger in possible double dose?
A completely uneducated reply: No, I think you'll be fine if you accidentally take a double dose, or for that matter skip a dose.  Toprol XL is the timed released version of Metoprolol. I use to take Toprol XL, until I discovered the far cheaper Metoprolo.  The primary difference is that I must take it twice a day instead of only once.  I've taken a double dose on many occasions to aid conversion of SVT episodes.  You could feel a little woozy if you stand up quickly or perhaps bend over, but I doubt you'll notice much of a difference.