Hepatitis C Community

Autoimmune reaction

Dear Dr. D, I have a question about the possibility that I will have an autoimmune reaction once I start tx. Autoimmune marker AMA was found in my blood, but no evidence of autoimmune activity found in the liver biopsy. Do you think the presence of the marker is a predictor of this type of reaction? Or is this a wait-and-see situation? I was told that if AIH kicked in, then my liver (which is transitioning into cirrhosis) could get much worse...

Also, do you think that weight-dosed Ribavarin is more effective? If I weigh 70 kg, what would be the most effective Ribavarin dose for me? I've read that the doses vary between 800 mg to 1400 mg...

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer our questions!

Chiara
Dr D only answers in his forum area.... So for this type of question --- while the excellent folks on this forum can assist answering with opinions, none of us are medical doctors.

You would need to post direct questions to DR D - in the EXPERTS forum...

It's really nice to meet you Chiara --- and I hope you get some good answers from the folks on this board!

Meki
Hi there, and thanks for taking the time to steer me right... I seem to have difficulty navigating the different forums... Is there a shortcut to get to the Expert, Social and Community forums?

Thanks, mucho!
Chiara
I think you have to be an "expert" to easily  find the expert forum. I certainly had a hard time of it. You would think ti would be on the right bar next to the other affiliated HCV forums, but perhaps MH is trying to keep the traffic down -- or maybe there is a link here somehwere (or my car keys for that matter) that I can't seem to find.

Anyway, here's the link to Dr. D's forum
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/show/272