Hcv transmission by scratch

Hellow i wanted to ask I am a bit worried had a fight while playing football with a guy who was diagnosed with hcv he grabbed by neck he scratched my neck from his nails i even have photos of those scratch.im getting worried.can i get hcv from that?please reply asap
Did any of his blood enter your blood stream? Was this a simple scratch abrasion you received or did the scratch cause active bleeding ? If you did not bleed there is no chance you could contract hep c. If he wasn’t bleeding and got his blood into your bleeding scratch there is zero chance.

For reference even in the case of a health care worker who should experience an accidental needle stick involving a patient with known hep c the odds of transmission are only about 1.8%

So I believe that would be pretty clear you odds would be significantly less.

Hep c isn’t easily contracted if it were many more people would be infected.

Wondering why this person hasn’t treated as with the new meds approved since 2014 hep c is now very treatable. He could be cured and no longer have any concerns about infecting others
No I didn't have any bleeding but not sure about him bleeding.it was quite a rough scratch I have a picture I dobt how I can show you that.il try upload that scratch on my profile if you can see to judge it
You are the best judge of if you were bleeding and had an open wound. If you were not bleeding you are not at risk

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis C Community