Aa
A
A
A
Close
Hepatitis C Community
13.4k Members

Hepatitis C & Fibromyalgia

Has anyone been diagnosed with both Fibromyalgia & Hepatitis and completed a full course of Hepatitis Treatment which was sucessful in removing the virus?

How was your Fibromyalgia before your Hepatitis become active?

Now you have completed the Full course of treatment for Hepatitis how is your Fibromyalgia affecting you?

1: Better ?
2: Same ?
3: Worse ?

My Fiance' has suffered with Fibromyalgia for the past few years with the main symptom only being Burning hips at night in her sleep.
Only this year she had been diagnosed with Hepatitis C as the virus has just become active.
Now the virus has become active her Fibromyalgia has spread throughout her body and pain become far more severe, as it is said Hepatitis can be a known trigger for Fibromyalgia.

But i am curious on knowing how anyones symptoms of Fibromyalgia is after clearing the Hepatitis C Virus ?  
1 Responses
Hello Cliff,
I saw your post and feel for you. I was the one going through treatment 2 years ago and prior to doing so, I ached constantly (I refused to let anyone call it fibromyalgia because of the stigma attached to it!), and was so fatigued..I nearly didn't make it through treatment because the interferon began attacking my thyroid, causing my heart to race, the anemia to accelerate, and my blood values to alter alarmingly. It was explained to me that frequently, the muscle pain is created by the immune system going into "overdrive" and attacking the "fine tissues" (nerves, organs like thyroid, spleen, etc.)...Make sure she has her thyroid (TSH, Free t-3. Free T-4) levels drawn every few months while on interferon because the problems a sick one causes affects the entire body...Hang in there. I hope that, when she is done, her symptoms resolve...I was fortunate, -mine did! I am 18 months post tx, and everything is back to normal, and I have very little pain anywhere.((((((((((((((HUGZ))))))))))))))~MM
Have an Answer?
Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473358451
DC
683231 tn?1467323017
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.