Hepatitis C Community

What's the best time to take injections

In general what time of the day should I take my injections.  I will take my first today.  

We generally take our injections before bed; that way, we might sleep through some of the more immediate side effects. After a while on treatment, this seems to become less relevant, though. Good luck to you; try taking a couple of Tylenol as you do your first injection to help with any possible muscle aches or pains—

Bill
I find friday eve. around 6 (after I eat) to be the best, I'm off on the weekends sooo if I need to drop in bed because of sides I can.  drink plenty of fluid all day and all night, you may pee alot but it really helps with the sides.   good luck
Gert2
While I was treating, I found that as soon as I got home from work on Friday, followed by a meal and TylenolPM and a big glass of water.  I completed my treatment a year ago last March and last month I had my most recent viral count.  still virus free.

The night of my first two injections I had a noticable fever and slept very restlessly. I slept thru this, but my husband commented in the morning... this was before I tried the PM version of the tylenol......

Good luck with your treatment.  This forum is a true GodSend of information and support while experiencing the ups and down's of treatment......
I find that taking my shot at or shortly before noon is good for me.  It doesn't start hitting mE too hard until after I get home from work when I can "lay it down" and it gets a small jump on things in order to expedite feeling a hair better when I limp into work the following morning.  I'm fixing to go to the restroom at work and do my 23rd shot right now at 10:00 A.M.
Joey
I'm with most.  Friday evening with 2 extra strength tylenol.  Tylenol will help keep any fever down before it starts and hopefully forestall the chills, aches, etc. due to the fever.  If you wake up in the early morning with symptoms, take more tylenol and drink water.  Bad symptoms are primarily related to the fever and its dehydration.