Herpes Community

Could This Be Herpes

Hi I have have been diagnosed with HSV2 about 3 years ago. I don't have any major outbreaks in my vaginal area outside of tingling and itching about every 3-5 months.  My guy friend is aware of my status and we have not had sexual intercourse. However, I have been for year stimulated vaginally by him fingering me, which he wears latex gloves. I want him to be I guess protected when he does this. I have provided him oral sex, which was heavy for about 8 months last years, but has subsided to rarely and we might have done the fingering and oral sex about 5-10 times total this year.

About 3 weeks ago, I provided him oral sex. About 1 week later he informed me that one day he experienced penile tingling. I've never had a lip sore/blisters of any sort, but became very alarmed and began asking questions. He informed me that there is no foul odor, discharge, sores/blisters/bums, itching or burning, just a tingling sensation in the penile area. He says he has been experiencing this for 3 weeks off and on, but it doesn't hurt. He says it only happens after he showers in the morning, but the sensation disappears.

He told me he changed his soap about month ago, but I am not educated on what allergic reactions from the wrong soap can cause to a males body.  I also don't know the likelihood of me having HSV1 bc my result showed that the strand was HSV2.  He was tested about a year ago for the HSV, but the results were negative for both 1 and 2, but I'm very alarmed bc of the penile tingling. I thought most signs of a pending outbreak could/would begin with the shedding (tingling, burning itching etc), followed by the outbreak itself with sores, blister, etc.  Can you educate me on what he may be experiencing? Thanks.
Your partner does not appear to have genital herpes based on the symptoms.

How were you diagnosed with HSV2 and what were the results?
Thanks for the response. I was diagnosed with the vaginal forms of herpes. My outbreaks were once very excruciating that is why I got the test initially bc I was not sure about the vaginal pain I was experiencing. Viola I was diagnosed with HSV2. I cannot remember the actual data of my results, but I took another test last year as well, to see if my results had changed, but  they results were positive. One question, we have been using anti-bacterial wipes (wet ones) to wipe his penile area following oral sex. Bc we both use lupha's and I purchased lupha's weekly for myself (with no extra one to spare), we use the wipes as a cleansing mechanism and he immediately showers when he gets home.  While soap and water are better means of cleaning and fighting germs, does cleansing the area in that manner help, instead of not wiping the area at all after we finish? Again he does shower once he gets home. Thanks.

My guy friend has his annual appointment in September, so he can ask his doctor questions concerning what he is experiencing. At this time, we are going to monitor this tingling and I have asked him to go back to the original soap to see if makes a difference.
Hello

Yesterday I responded to you but never received a response.

1. I have been using anti-bacterial wipes (wet ones) to wipe his penile area following oral sex. Bc we both use lupha's and I purchased lupha's weekly for myself (with no extra one to spare), we use the wipes as a cleansing mechanism and he immediately showers when he gets home.  While soap and water are better means of cleaning and fighting germs, does cleansing the area in that manner help, instead of not wiping the area at all after we finish? Again he does shower once he gets home.

2. I've been reading several post and have seen various images of the herpes outbreak that now have me majorly concerned. I get cluster (1-2) bumps near my jaw line or btw my noise and mouth that don't hurt at all often. They normally go away or dissolve and leave a little dark mark in the area. Sometimes I have chalked it up to find bumps bc I wax that area often it. I never associated with herpes b/c I the cold sores only formed on the lip and I was told that I had the vaginal down HSV2. Now I'm
really worried bc I've noticed these bumps during the times that I have have had oral sex. I am trying not to panic bc my guy friend of the symptoms that he is experiencing, like just the tingling and nothing further. Can you help me please?
Your genital herpes are no risk in terms of you giving oral sex. Do you have a HSV1 infection as well though?

Infection will occur most often during the act whilst the skin to skin contact is occurring. The wiping is of limited if any effectiveness in reducing transmission of a oral herpes infection should you have one. I'd go by a blood test for IgG antibodies as to your status if you do not know this. This would really help you understand what is going on.

Tingling on its own is almost certainly not herpes.
Thank you for your help.
I contacted my doctors office and was informed that the IgG test was used to diagnose my HSV2 status. Can you tell me if the IgG test also show or tell whether a person contracted both forms of HSV? Thanks.
Yes it does. You can get IgG antibody tests for both HSV1 and HSV2.

If you do not have a full printout of the results then maybe it is worthwhile getting these tests (again), best done together.
So what's the difference btw the test? Same test, same blood...whether the test was done for HSV-2, I still should have been to find out for both, don't you think? This is so interesting. I took your advice though and had the same test done today for HSV-1.
The viruses are distinct. The testing antigens are different. They detect the HSV type, 1 or 2. They are different testing wells applied to the one vial of blood.
So I'm up wracking my brain.  I personally don't believe that I am asymptomatic, if HSV 1 is present.  I have a small bump here and there form on the tip of my nose. I even now have small bumps, not red and w/o pus or fluid on my face (looks like acne). I don't get cold sores or blisters at all. I was wondering though what is the possibility of it being transmitted to my partner,  if I gave oral sex during these time, given this is HSV 1, but the gentile area did not come in contact with the area or areas in question?
Hi Terri I have been reading your post and the feedback that you been providing people concerning HSV results and status. I have been diagnosed with HSV2, for about 3 years. After my partner informed me that he felt some tingling sensations in the tip of his penis after he showered, but did not have any other symptoms. I was informed that it was unlikely that he was infected. So I decided to get myself tested for HSV1. I just received my results and are very confused. Can you help me interpret my results.
IgG Test
It was stated that my results were out of the normal range
Results-23
Flags-high
Ref. Interval 0.00-.90

Negative-   1.09

Please Help!!!
IgG Test
Results-23
Flags-high
Ref. Interval 0.00-.90

Negative-  1.09
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.