About four months back, I started having symptoms of hsv such as headaches, pain in my groin, and a itching and burning in my vaginal area and buttocks. I immediately thought "Yeast infection" but when I went to the doctors they cultured an area that looked like a rip or tear. The results came back negative for that, only for me to find out they did the wrong lab test on the culture so the results were no good. I then went and had a blood test done at my GP while I was still having symptoms. The blood test came back negative for type 1 and type 2. I later found out that it was too early to tell whether it had shown up or not. I went back about three months later to get another blood test done. My doctor called me a few days later with the results saying I was positive for type 1 but negative for type 2. This would automatically make my incident back four months ago hsv 1 because I have been reading on here, and the blood test only tells you what type you have been exposed to as opposed to where it's at. I have a few questions regarding the test and my future with hsv 1 antibodies.
1. Would this testing positive for type 1 mean that I have it genitally due to the incident a few months ago?
2. If it was type 2, would those antibodies have risen as well as the type 1?
3. What are my chances of transmitting this to new partners if I am using protection at all times?
4. Is this similar to having type 1 on your mouth? Or is the virus weakened now that it is not in its area of preference?
5. What precautions should I be taking from here on out with this?