Herpes Community

Positive herpes

Dear Doctor,

My husband was tested positive chlamydia but negative for herpes one day after he had sex with "pros". He had oral sex and was wearing condom. The next two days he had sex with me. A week after he discovered that he has positive chlamydia he asked me to do the std test. (This sound ridiculous! Of course I'm mad, feeling down & depressed)

I am very surprised that I am negative for chlamydia but positive for herpes simplex 1. I never have sex with other man except my husband in my whole life. I never have symptom or outbreak in my whole life too.

We have been married for 12 years. My qestions are:-

1) Where I got that herpes if my husband is negative?
2) If I have herpes earlier, why my husband is not infected?
3) Can herpes simplex 1 can infected through sex?
3) Can he gets HIV if the condom that he wore was fully covered? Or, when he removed the condom? If yes, how fast HIV can be detected?

Please help!!

This discussion is related to Chlamydia positive and hiv in Malaysia.
most adults do have hsv1. It's very common.http://www.ashastd.org/herpes/herpes_learn_oralherpes.cfm  has more info for more reading.

you should've also been treated for chlamydia even though you tested negative since your husband tested + for it.

your husband needs to repeat almost all of his testing at a later date. it was all done too early. wear condoms at this point until he's completed all his testing.

grace
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.