Herpes Community

Red pink bumps back of throat?

Hi, I was diagnosed with mono a while back 8 months ago and had all the symptoms they told me, was negative for std and strep. Also though I don't know I a swab here diagnoses someone for hpv virus in the mouth. I have had a sore throat off and on even when the symptoms went away and the swollen throat and tonsils persisted. I noticed along with this that I had a couple of inflamed looking small bumps on the back wall of my throat and no where Else around inside my mouth. Additional to this, I have had white lines on the inside of my cheeks develope that she'd tissue and a ridged looking tongue that seems to be swollen. My tonsils on the sides of my tongue seem to still be swollan for several months along with the other conditions I have mentioned. I have no other bodily symptoms of mono so I was wondering if mono lasts up to a year with these additional symptom in the mouth or this is a type of std? I am going back to my health provider to see if I can get a hpv test but not sure if the swab also contributes.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.