Herpes Community

Textbook herpies or not

So a couple weeks ago I had a breakout of what I thought was pimples in my genital area.  But when I got flu like symptoms a couple days after the breakout I started to think it may be more.  Once I felt a little better I went to the doctor and got tested for herpies, HIV, yeast infection, and syfilis.  All tests came back negative but the rash continued for 3 weeks.  Is this herpies and a need to be retested or is this something else.
Hi, a herpes outbreak would not last 3 weeks.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.