Herpes Community

red bumps in pubic hair and base of penis

Lower back pain, little red bumps in pubic hair and on base of penis. Do not resemble blisters or cold sores. Experiencing overall fatigue. Going in to doctor this week. Bumps don't look like any pictures I have found online, but all other symptoms classic herpes. Weird tingling sensations, pubic hair region irritated and uncomfortable when wearing tight clothes. I

Can genital herpes appear as red bumps that don't blister??
Your best approach to diagnosis is an IgG test at 12 weeks post last exposure.

What you describe just does not seem to be indicator that you do or do not have herpes. In your situation the blood test is the better option to eliminate an infection from your exposure.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.