Aa
A
A
A
Close
Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
7.04k Members

HPV Treatment

I am a male in my late 30s and I have been getting treated for HPV for over three years. In my case I have internal anal warts. I am wondering why my body hasn't supressed the virus. A lot of information I have read says your body should eventually do that and I do not have HIV. Do you have any explanation of why this is prolonged or if there is anything I can do to help my Immune system? The only other explanation I can offer is that I do have a couple other issues in that area and could they be contributing? I currently get the warts lasered. I have been prescribed aldara for external break outs which I haven't had in a while. Some did recomend I still put aldars on my sphincter because it will promote healing of the virus but my doctor says that isn't true.  Is there any other proceedure that may help?
1 Responses
1306047 tn?1333247191
I don't have the answer for this.  As far as why you after three years that I don't know either.  Perhaps you are one of the few who take longer to suppress it, perhaps it's another reason.  Have you considered dropping $20 on the Experts section for STDs and asking their input?  It might be worthwhile.  I'm sure you'll eventually beat this but it might take longer.  
Top STDs Answerers
3149845 tn?1506631371
fort lauderdale, FL
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.