Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community

HPV Treatment

I am a male in my late 30s and I have been getting treated for HPV for over three years. In my case I have internal anal warts. I am wondering why my body hasn't supressed the virus. A lot of information I have read says your body should eventually do that and I do not have HIV. Do you have any explanation of why this is prolonged or if there is anything I can do to help my Immune system? The only other explanation I can offer is that I do have a couple other issues in that area and could they be contributing? I currently get the warts lasered. I have been prescribed aldara for external break outs which I haven't had in a while. Some did recomend I still put aldars on my sphincter because it will promote healing of the virus but my doctor says that isn't true.  Is there any other proceedure that may help?
I don't have the answer for this.  As far as why you after three years that I don't know either.  Perhaps you are one of the few who take longer to suppress it, perhaps it's another reason.  Have you considered dropping $20 on the Experts section for STDs and asking their input?  It might be worthwhile.  I'm sure you'll eventually beat this but it might take longer.