Aa
A
A
A
Close
Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
7.04k Members

Just found out I have high risk HPV-boyfriend smokes--- is his semen harmful to my cervix?

I was recently diagnosed with high risk HPV, had a colposcopy with CIN 1. My boyfriend and I have been dating for quite some time and made the decision not to use condoms. My question is (now that I have HPV) if we have sex without a condom and he ejaculates inside me, is his semen harmful to my cervix? I know for men who smoke, their semen if affected (IE low sperm count, etc) but I am not sure how harmful it is to me re: HPV. I am a healthy 26 year old woman who does not smoke.

I have not been able to find much on this topic-- only that is it harmful for women who smoke themselves.

Thanks.
1 Responses
both of u have HPV so the semen issue is irrelevant at this point.smoking lowers the immune system if u do not smoke that is good.
Top STDs Answerers
3149845 tn?1506627771
fort lauderdale, FL
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.