Kidney Disease & Disorders Community

stone in the kiyney cyst

My ultrasound result shows a cyst in my right kidney. There are 2 stones inside the cyst. What procedure can be recommended for my condition?
Medullary sponge kidney, stones occur in tiny cysts formed in the kidney, giving it a sponge like appearance.
A lithotriptor is a medical device used in the non-invasive treatment of kidney stones (urinary calculosis) and biliary calculi (stones in the gallbladder or in the liver). The scientific name of this procedure is Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL).
The lithotriptor attempts to break up the stone with minimal collateral damage by using an externally-applied, focused, high-intensity acoustic pulse.
ESWL is the least invasive of the commonplace modalities for definitive stone treatment, but provides a lower stone-free rate than other more invasive treatment methods, such as ureteroscopic manipulation with laser lithotripsy or percutaneous nephrolithotomy (PCNL). The passage of stone fragments may take a few days or a week and may cause mild pain. Patients may be instructed to drink as much water as practical during this time.
ref:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithotriptor
Normally stones pass out by themselves but in your case you might want to discuss the above option with your doctor.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem