Menopause Community

Heartburn/Acid Reflux

Help! Since I stared perimenopause I suddenly developed horrible bloating/gas along with heartburn/acid reflux. It sems to be much worse at certain times of the month. Does anyone have a home remedy they use that works well for this? I hesitate to see my Dr. because I know they will hand me a script for "the purple pill". I am not opposed to medication, but see it as a last resort. Anyone have any suggestions?
Here are the GERD remedies that work for me:

Eat low carb. Start with 25 net carbs per day for a week, and add more in each week. I  can now tolerate over 100 per day but not more than 150.  I cut out grains, pasta, sugar, potato, dried fruit for example.

Before meals take DGL (deglycyrrhizinated licorice root) and papaya enzyme
After meals chew cinammon gum for 30 minutes and sip ginger tea
Slippery elm bark powder a few times per day. ( mix 1 tsp with water and eat).
I no longer need the above remedies unless I am having a flare up which I get once in awhile.
Hope this helps and good luck! Keep us posted.

Thank you so much for your suggestions - I will definitely give it a try and let you know how it goes. :)