Men's Health Community

Can prostatitis cause foamy urine?

For the past few weeks I've been having a constant burning sensation at the tip of my penis and pain in my anus. I also have foamy urine, frequent urination, dribbling, split stream and had cloudy urine for a few days but that has cleared up. I bought a UTI test strip and it came back negative but decided to see a doctor who also said there is no UTI. I am awaiting results of my blood test and culture but freaked out by my foamy urine. I have had prostititis in the past which resulted in erection problems. My pee is so foamy that I can actually hear the bubbles, not from the force of the stream because even a dribble can cause the foamy bubbles. Any idea what could cause this? I have read kidney problems but had a blood test back in October that showed my kidneys were fine. So just curious if foamy urine can be caused by prostatitis and if so what causes it?
Foamy urine can happen because you are either peeing at a high rate of speed and is a natural thing as the pee hits the water but also can be health related because of protein in your urine. If it is increasing over time and is now pretty much the norm for you, it could mean you have a kidney issue as you suspect. Not sure of your age but the two reasons why you also see foamy urine in men is diabetes or hypertension.

Now if it is not any of those reasons, there are other causes that are within your control such as hydration. Do you drink enough? stress, being in extreme cold, and strenuous exercise are also causes.

So, you need to see your doctor and have a urine test to see the protein levels and go from there. If you have an elevated protein level, then figuring out why will seem more important to your doctor most likely.  
Hello and welcome to MedHelp forums.  Definitely agree that you should be evaluated for protein in your urine to make sure there is not an underlying cause you need to address.  https://www.medicinenet.com/proteinuria_protein_in_the_urine/symptoms.htm  We do not want in any way want to alarm you other than encourage you to dig deeper and please know there are non serious reasons for foamy urine as well that could very well be going on.

Here is a little more information that you may want to read. https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/238158-overview  Please let us know what you think of this information and we wish you the best of health.