A
A
A
Close
Men's Health Community
13.7k Members

Numbness on my left shoulder blade.

Hello,

I've recently been feeling something similar to what we could call paresthesia, or rather a feeling of slight numbness or what we call ''ants'' similar to what we get on our feet but less prominent, near my left shoulder blade. Although it is hard for me to distinguish where exactly it is, I believe it would be near the medial border of my scapula up until where it is near my trapezius muscle. It has been approximately one week that I have had this condition, the first time it appeared would be after I went to go to the gym to work out. Would any of you have an idea of what could be the cause from the symptoms I've mentioned?

Also, this numbness is not consistent as it comes and goes and I do not feel anything in certain postures (suchs as lying down on my back or my stomach)

Thank you.
1 Responses
1667242 tn?1487950547
It could be nerve root compression, unlikely to be shingles or you would have a rash at this stage. You probably should see a doctor.
Top Men's Health Answerers
1622896 tn?1562364967
London, United Kingdom
139792 tn?1498585650
Indore, India
11369760 tn?1449504372
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Sean Cummings discusses which available erectile dysfunction treatments may have the best outcome for you
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
10 prostate cancer misconceptions debunked.