Men's Health Community

Numbness on my left shoulder blade.

I've recently been feeling something similar to what we could call paresthesia, or rather a feeling of slight numbness or what we call ''ants'' similar to what we get on our feet but less prominent, near my left shoulder blade. Although it is hard for me to distinguish where exactly it is, I believe it would be near the medial border of my scapula up until where it is near my trapezius muscle. It has been approximately one week that I have had this condition, the first time it appeared would be after I went to go to the gym to work out. Would any of you have an idea of what could be the cause from the symptoms I've mentioned?

Also, this numbness is not consistent as it comes and goes and I do not feel anything in certain postures (suchs as lying down on my back or my stomach)

Thank you.
It could be nerve root compression, unlikely to be shingles or you would have a rash at this stage. You probably should see a doctor.