Men's Health Community

Reemerging symptoms after 10 days of doxy for chlamydia

I had unprotected sex October 26 and started having symptoms of chlamydia symptoms within three weeks. I was having burning while urinating, clear discharge, and lower abdominal discomfort that almost felt like imdigestion. I tested for multiple STDs on November 15 and received a positive finding for chlamydia. A doctor at a walk in clinic prescribed 500 mg Azithromycin (one round of two 250 mg pills). Symptoms resolved for 3 weeks, then had an allergic reaction on December 8. My lips got swollen and itchy, the indigestion-like lower abdominal pain returned, clear discharge returned, burning urination returned, but I was also experiencing slight conjunctivitis in both eyes and severe redness and itching around my rectum, groin, and penis. I received a steroid shot and prescription for prednisone. I was also retested for chlamydia and trich. I tested positive for Chlamydia. On December 12, I was prescribed Doxycycline for 10 days. After finishing the doxy, on December 22, I am having the the indigestion-like abdominal discomfort, itchy rectum, and my eyes are still red. It is now December 30, and I’m still having issues.

This is not pleasant and I’d very much like to get over this. Please advise. Thank you.