Men's Health Community

Too much porn/masturbation cause ED?

Hi I m a 28 year old and suffer some degree of ED in recent. I start masturbated since I m 19 and usually use porn as a form of visual stimiulation. I have observed that I have lost the ability to maintain erect during intercource or I only get weak erection. My question is: does masturbation in association with porn will "exhaust" my interest towards sex and create a negative impact on my ability to get aroused in real sex? I m worried cause I think I m still young to have physical cause  for ED. Any thought?
Yes when looking around the internet i have found many people whom have recovered from this. However every person is different. Everyone will go through their ups and downs. I got this advice from another thread on here from a year or two ago, a couple guys did what i said in previous threads. No porn forever, no mb for at least 2-3 weeks and it helped them.

A couple months back i tried this, after like 15 days everything was turning me on. To give you an example, i was never a big fan of going down on women, it just wasn't for me. But after those two weeks all of a sudden i had this huge uncontrollable urge to do so. I was so enamoured with it. I was amazed, because after years of not being interested, all of a sudden i was. I think what happened was i was finally getting back my normal sex drive, but since i had been looking at porn for so many years i never quite knew what my normal sex drive really was. I thought it was normal to look at porn 15 times a week.

However i thought i was "cured" and fell back into porn. So then started over. Alot of its been trial and error. Best advice i can give, quit the porn, quit the MB for at least a couple of weeks, and when you do go back to MB try to keep it minimal times a week with your imagination.

However here is the thing. You can't just quit MB and P and continue to look at women and fantasize about them all day, fantasize about them doing things you saw in porn scenes. From my experience it will set you back. Think of it this way, you love a certain food, you eat it everyday for three weeks straight, you become sick of it. So you stay away for a while, what happens? Eventually you start to crave it again and its all good. Well same thing applies here.....

Why don't regular women turn you on? because your so used to seeing them in porn scenes. So take a couple weeks, don't look at women and think of anything sexual. Try and shut ur mind and body down for a little bit. It will be tough, but the purpose is to starve your body of anything sexual, this way you can allow it to be exciting yet again.

I think thats what alot of ppl don't get. Just because you quit looking at porn, just because you quit mb, if you continue to fantasize sexually about every women you see your doing yourself harm.

Just try it for a couple weeks, when you see a women, don't think of anything sexual, if you start to, think of something else quick. It might be tough at first, but eventually youll get used to it, and then you'll start to see things change in a positive manner.

This response may contain graphic content.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Dear Hotblondie,  I was sorry to hear you had such a **** BF.  But ask yourself, why did you want this guy?  I hate the idea of how I have made my GF feel, but there is no way of undoing that feeling until my problem goes away.  Its more difficult when the guy isn't in the mood, because basically the picnic is over if big Clifford does'nt come out to play.  But I just wanted to say there are better guys out there who can do a much better job at being a good man and lover.  So I wish you the best of luck.  
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
I think the most important thing is just to stay consistent. things will solve themselves if you stay patient. However from what i have read it can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2-3 months to normalize one's sex drive again. Remember you spent a while looking at the P and MB with it, the things isn't going to fix itself overnight. I think a common problem for people is they get frustrated after not seeing improvement even after a week or two. Just stick with it for an extended period of time, if you go 2 weeks, make it 4. If you go 4, then go to 8. And so on.

Again, eventually you can MB again eventually, but not using the porn. However i would say limit it to only 1-2 times a week. You might even find you don't have the desire to MB as much anymore.

Its all about fixing your brain and giving it time away from the porn.
gotta say i am glad i came across this forum, watching porn for me is on and off, now im gonna stay off of it for the summer at least and see how it goes, if theres a positive outcome i will continue it. i have self control so im gonna make sure to stay away from porn, thanks to every who commented to help me realize how bad it is
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
I have gone through at least 1 month without mb.  I also have not looked at porn for a month with no improvement.  I have also increased my activity level working out at least 3 times a week.  Is there anything else that I should be doing?
it actually was always in the back of my head that spanking mess with your sex life but i contiune to do so it just feels so good and i never had proof i looked this question up one time before this and it was a bunch of jerks saying its ok keep spanking but thanks to u ppl u saved me... it really open my eyes when i was dating this girl shes a little old then me shes 25 and the first time and im not at the point were i cant get it up but i could not *** to save my life and i feel so bad for blaming her... before i came to this site i just spank off for the last time im just so happy i found out before it was to late THANK U EVERYONE FOR
YOUR INFO  AND A SPECIAL THANKS TO THE PERSON WITH ENOUGH GUTS TO ASK THE QUESTION
I have been with my boyfriend for a little over 2 years now, and he is addicted to porn. There are days that we could have had sex, but he doesn't want to, so instead, he'll watch porn once I leave to go home. I don't know how any of your girlfriends have felt, by I know that I don't feel like I'm good enough because he does resort to porn so much. He's even gone as far as to say that he only did it so he could go to sleep, which I find is a cop out. I've tried telling him that it hurts my feelings knowing that he feels he needs to watch porn, but he still hasn't tried to stop. I've even tried asking him to put himself in my shoes, but that didn't seem to work either. I think I'm going to show him this thread and see what he has to say about it.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
I have been watchin porn like every 2 days , the feeling of it is not like it used to be ... am losing interest but at the same time I cant get away from it anyone got any advice me ? it sad that the porn industry keep on doing this things but like they always say ...they are not responsible for any action that is taken we are on our own ! I read some of the comment about getting away from 2 weeks to 6 month , I want to stop watching porn and leave in the real world ... as a men its kind hard but I hope that I can do it am 27 and feel like it has to come to an end, I believe that everythin that has a beginning as an end . Thanks for ya comment , hopefully this will help me and change my life after reading your advices.