Avatar universal

small lump under skin over penis

My husband gets on his inner thighs lymph nodes that will swell like cysts then disappear & he has already seen a urologist & oncologist & they said its ok. Aka not cancer. Just an infection causing it. He has had lumps in his scrotum that were blocked hair folicles.

He resently developed a pea size lump above his penis that does NOT hurt & can be moved around. It isn't visible to the eye except once when he was showing me and moved it behind a small vein so it looked like the vein was pushed out. Otherwise pea shaped under skin away from a vein.

We got it checked by PCP while it was there & the day before had felt it had gone deeper under the skin. Well his PCP barely even looked & I don't think even felt it & said it was a genital wart.

We are monogomus & each others only partners (yes I believe he did NOT cheat) considering its not viewable unless its behind the vein I do not see how his PCP could just glance & make that conclusion.

I looked up every type of genital wart informational site I could & nothing matches. It's not raised or discoloured or textured. Maybe its wishful thinking but I can't really find anything other than a hernia that fits & its gone now overnight one night as quickly as it appeared so I don't know of that's possible with a hernia. I did read genital warts can go away with out treatment but this was a short timespan.

My question is could this be another lymph node episode even thought right above the shaft of his penis where there is no hair?

Could this really be genital warts even though a lump under skin that you cant see?

Sorry so long & if there are any mispellings my auto text is going wild.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Avatar universal
Hi Kathy, look did think of HPV genital warts from the top, and the trouble with it sometimes does not show up in tests, and once you have it its with you for life, you become a carrier, best to get him and to an STD clinic and get yourselfs tested.
Good Luck
Helpful - 0
1340994 tn?1374193977
I would get a second opinion.  Call urologist offices in your area and see if they can diagnose it for you.  
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Men's Health Community

Top Men's Health Answerers
1622896 tn?1562364967
London, United Kingdom
139792 tn?1498585650
Indore, India
11369760 tn?1449504372
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.