Neurosurgery Forum

All Over Body Paresthesia

I am a 46 year old female experiencing all over body tingling, burning/coldness, itching, pulling and some numbness (limbs falling asleep).  Most prevalent in hands, feet, legs and feet but have had feeling in face, lips and trunk of body.  I also have shaky hands sometimes.   It all started about 3 months ago after a trip to Tahiti.  Symptoms started as what I thought was a yeast infection, burning, tingling itching.  Tested for everything, all came back negative.  I have genital herpes but no active infection.  The itch spread all over my body and experience a flushing of the skin and my palms are frequently red and mottled.  Doctor thought I had chronic hives so put me on atarax for one month.  That seemed to cause some bladder frequency/retention problems.  I am off the atarax as I am awaiting to see an allergist.  I have Hepatitis C, but all liver tests have come back normal.  I also have Hashimoto's thyroiditis, but am told thyroid is normal.  Red Blood Count of 4.01 and B12 is 490.  I am awaiting results on Syphilis test and folate.  I also have a vitamin D deficiency of 25.  Diabetes ruled out also.  Saw a neorologist she said did not sound like MS but ordered an EMG test.  I am waiting to see a rhuemetologist and allergist this week.  I know this is a crazy list of symptoms.

I am scared to death and am becoming dysfunctional in my daily life.  Can this be caused by anxiety or what else could this be?  Before all this started, I was very happy, had a great vacation and my job/life is generally good.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Many, many thanks

your doctor should be the infection disease specialist. if everything is normal contact me again to study the issue together
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease