Neurosurgery Forum

Arterio Venous Malformation Treatment options

My dtr had been diagnosed with a avm since 3rd grade she is now 22 yrs old. She has fainted in the past 3 times.The last time was 5 yrs ago. The other day she fainted in a tanning salon and hit her head and got a concussion and preceded to have a seizure. Do you think these fainting spells and now seizure is related to  having anything to do with the avm. She is schd to see a neurosurgeon on Monday. I am  wondering if surgery has to be  done immediatley to remove the avm or can you just watch. What are the options for treatment of a avm (arterio venous malformation). Waiting for your reply. Thank You.
Certainly you had your neurosurgeon answer on Monday, I would like to mention that AVM surgery will depend on 3 parameters: the location of the AVM, the available technology and the surgeons skills.
About your first question; the AVM could not be the major  or direct cause of the seizure
Dr Nassim
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease