PTSD / Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Community
738 Members
Avatar universal


My best friend has just been diagnosed with parkinsonism due to long term use of antipsychotic drugs.  I am trying to get her to a new psychiatrist/psychopharmacologist so that they can try to help her better manage her drugs.  The problem is that she needs a psychopharmacologist that will accept medicare.  Can anyone suggest someone who can help her finally get her mental diagnosis properly diagnosed and parkinsonism symptoms relieved.  She is seeing a psychiatrist but I feel perhaps someone with also has a continued education in psychopharmacology may be able to better manage her.  I hate seeing her like this.  (through the years she has had a diagnosis of schizophrenia, then bi-polar and now post traumatic stress syndrome).  thank you for any suggestions
1 Responses
675718 tn?1530036633
try to google this all in your computer try wentering every little detail like where you live and what you seek ok :)
Have an Answer?
Top Anxiety Answerers
675718 tn?1530036633
El Paso, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out what can trigger a panic attack – and what to do if you have one.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Take control of tension today.
These simple pick-me-ups squash stress.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
Want to wake up rested and refreshed?