PTSD / Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Community
738 Members

psychopharmacologist

My best friend has just been diagnosed with parkinsonism due to long term use of antipsychotic drugs.  I am trying to get her to a new psychiatrist/psychopharmacologist so that they can try to help her better manage her drugs.  The problem is that she needs a psychopharmacologist that will accept medicare.  Can anyone suggest someone who can help her finally get her mental diagnosis properly diagnosed and parkinsonism symptoms relieved.  She is seeing a psychiatrist but I feel perhaps someone with also has a continued education in psychopharmacology may be able to better manage her.  I hate seeing her like this.  (through the years she has had a diagnosis of schizophrenia, then bi-polar and now post traumatic stress syndrome).  thank you for any suggestions
try to google this all in your computer try wentering every little detail like where you live and what you seek ok :)