5 weeks pregnant but only see only SAC no fetus

Per my LMP i am 5 weeks pregant. But the doctor not seen the fetus only the SAC Please advise i am very excited for this pregnancy after my m/c last August 7, 2006.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Im a little confused. sunday i had a pain in my stomach and on monday had tested positive. then my pain continue at the ER they told me that i had an spontaneous abortion but i had no bleeding how could i had an abortion. i havent  seen my ob because hes out of town and i was given a different one and this dr. told me that maybe i have less wks and that i might be pregnant. wed.  and today they were going to check on my hcg if it increasing and that will mean i am pregnant.  the reason they are doing this is because they dont see a fetus, or sac and that maybe the baby is not where it should be. it might be in the fallopian tube. girls im scare dont know what to do. can someone help?
Helpful - 0
i am about 4 weeks pregnant and i went for a ultrasound my doctor says i am about 5 weeks pregnant but my sac did not change from one week to the other and now i am so worried is this possible, She said my sac measured the same as the previous week....Can anyone please help..
Helpful - 0
I am going through i had a ultrasound to and put me at 5 week and my hg is 9426.00 and i have not had no spotting and that saw asac  and no baby help
Helpful - 0
Hi everyone.  I am going through a very similar thing.  I am unsure of my dates, but did a digital test about 2 weeks ago that said 2-3 weeks (although says doc would calcuate that as 4-5 weeks) had abdonimal pain, and slight spotting f or the last 2 weeks.  Have had 3 HCG tests done over the last week 1st was 1600, then 2059 then 2560.  Doc was not happy as was not rising quick enough.  When for 1st scan they said sac was certainly not 6 weeks+ and said to rescan in a week.  They admitted me to hospital over the weekend to monitor me as suspected ectopic.  Went for a second scan yesterday,  was told sac had barely changed size, and that she suspected it was a failing pregnancy.  When got back to ward, was told I could go home as sonographer had reported she had seen a tiny yolk sac, so why tell me its probably failing if there is now a yolk sac?  Im very confused, been signed off work for a week and got to go back in a week for a 3rd scan.  my friend is a sonographer at another hospital, and she cant make sense of what the hospital is telling me either! any idea's?
Helpful - 0
hi i am desperatly hoping someone can help put my mind at ease with the worry i am going through at the mo. my lmp was 23rd august, making me just over 7 weeks pregnant, i went for a scan yesterday still between 7-8 weeks and the tech dated me at 5 weeks! i am sure of my lmp. whats going on??? also she could see the sac but no fetus. if anyone has been through this, please comment. thanx
Helpful - 0
hi there i went to the dr last week with right sided abdo pain at they refered me for an eary scan the next day the pain had allready went away at this point. scan showed a small 3mm sac my dates say i was 5w 3days. the midwife said they could not rule out an ectopic pregnancy as the sac was sill small. my hcg was 1821 that day and then doubled 2 days later which they said was good and i have to be rescanned tommorow i am terrified i have had no further pain no other symptoms but according to my dates the sac is too small and is more like a 4 week pregnancy tommorow i should be 6w 3 days. should i be concerened i have not been able to sleep proparly for days now and cant wait to get this over with tomorrow but i am scared of bad news has anyone went through this any advise much appreciated
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.