Hello, I am about 4 weeks pregnant. I found out that I was pregnant last week when I ended up in the ER with severe abdominal pain on my lower right side. They think that my right ovary twisted and untwisted causing the pain. There was a large 10 cm mass on my right ovary that they discovered in the ultrasound. A few ultrasounds and beta tests later, they ruled out an ectopic pregnancy. They were even able to see what they think is the sac in my uterus and the corpus luteum on my other ovary. They also noticed that the mass was growing ( 10 cm to 10.6 cm to 11-12 cm). I haven't had any of the same pain since the first torsion, but I am feeling a lot of pressure in my abdomen. When I woke up this morning I noticed that my right abdomen was really distended... but that went away throughout the day. You can definitely feel the mass through my skin though. My doctor says it's dangerous to operate during the first trimester, but it's also dangerous for the fetus if my ovaries twist again. He said it was up to me to decide whether or not I want the surgery now or if I would rather wait 8 weeks to get the surgery in the 2nd trimester. The doctor said he doesn't think it's cancer, but there's no way to tell for sure until we take it out (the ultrasound could not rule it out). Also, I'm probably going to lose my right ovary. I'm afraid I will miscarry if we operate now. I'm also afraid I'll miscarry if I don't operate before the torsion happens again. I'm also afraid that it really is cancer and it's spreading the longer I wait. Any advice????