unusually late period but negative pregnancy test?

Hi! It's my first time posting--hello everyone!
Just have a question that someone might be able to help with...
Ever since I got married I have had a VERY regular 28 day menstrual cycle--never late, never early.
We are trying to get pregnant, and today I am at least five to six days late for my period.
I did a pregnancy test this morning that came up negative.
How reliable is that result since I usually have such a normal cycle?
I don't have any other symptoms besides frequent urination and butterflies in my stomach that could just be from the excitement of the whole situation.
So I guess my question is whether or not it is "worth it" to take another pregnancy test; if so, when; or, what else could even be the cause of such a delay in my usually predictable period?
Thanks for any comments, etc!
Katie L.
well you would not believe how delighted I was to stumble accross this thread.  I too missed my period last month I was due Dec 13th and still to this day nothing.  I am trying to fall pregnant but took 2 home preg test followed up by a blood test, all NEGATIVE!!  Where has AF gone?  I am always 31 day cycle, never missed a period in my life, not stressed or worried about anything, I had all classis symptoms of pregnancy but strangely when all tests came back negative the symptoms dissapeard which makes me think it was in my head.  Being caught up in the holiday season I really did forget about ovualtion and trying to fall pregnant so would ahve been the perfect time to actully conceive without putting much stress on it.  I have been trying for 9 months now amd really thought this was it!  I begin to wonder after 9 months if it hasnt happend yet is it going to??  In Australia where I live they will not begin looking at fertility problems until 12 months of genuine trying so I can only wait.  I dont feel at all like my period is going to start where has it gone.  I was wondering if you still ovulate if you miss a period, does anyone know?  I have been doing BD every other day just to make sure I dont miss an ovulation. hhmmmm  wondering ........
My period is regular to the second. We have been trying for a baby so i have been monitoring my ovulation dates and we had intercourse at exactly the right time. And my period was late. I thought we had hit the jackpot but we did 2 tests and one was negative, the other positive. Then a week later i started to bleed. The doctor says  probably we got a fertilized egg but it failed to implant. Now im worried i'll never have a baby.
Hello, I am kinda in the same boat with everyone else.  I am very regular with my cycle. I am kinda of confused...on Dec. 7th my fiance and I had sex and we did slip up....I came on my cycle which was early the following day....it was very light pink..I always stay on for 5 to 6 days, but only stayed on for 3 days.  So counting up from the 8th of Dec.  I should have stared my cycle on Jan. 4th...now I am two days late...I have also taking some test and they all came out negative.  This same thing happened when I was pregnant with my daughter...I took several pregnacy test and they were all negative....I went to the doctor and they told me that I was four months preg....I do plan to go to the doctor this week, but could I still be pregnant....I also have all the symtoms.  My breast are sore, I have gained a ton of weight, I crave sweets, I go to the restroom every 5 to 10 minutes...What do you think?
Lucy
hi, I have always had a normal cycle.  I mean it may have came a day late or a day early, but I was suppose to have my period around the 3rd and it is now the 9th and nothing.  I have had unprotected sex lately, but I took a home pregnancy test and it came out negative.  But the thing is I am having bad cramps and grouchy and still there is no blood.  I don't know what is going on or what to.
hey i am 24 years old my period is week and a half late. all test have shown negative. i am having sytoms my breast is tender my nipples are always hard like they are cold they never relax i have mild cramping here and there i have never been late in my life. i have this white discharge (i know that is gross) i am always naused i have sever headaches i am always slepping i can hardley get my eyes open i have been taking drugs to help me get preganant could i really be PG. on my first child the i showed positive the day i was late . someone please help me
My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant - charting ovulation, ect - and now I am 12 days late!  I have taken a pregnancy test almost every day since my period was late.  They have all been negative.  It is very frustraiting, not to mention expensive.  I want to make a doctor's appointment, but I am scared that my period will start.  Any advice?

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Am I Pregnant? Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.