Pregnancy: May 2009 Babies Community
117 Members

low amniotic flid ultrasound

Hello. I am pregnant with baby number 2.  I am told this one is also a girl, although I dont think the picture looks anything like my first daughters picture. I am being monitored because I have low amniotic fluid, and am wondering if it they could think its a girl because I dont have as much fluid, so things dont show up as clearly.  I will have another ultrasound in 2 1/2 weeks to keep an eye on my fluid so I will see if they will check again but the wait is killing me.

thanks for your time!
Not sure if the fluid would effect their ability to determine the sex, depending I guess on how far along you are, but it is important that you consume as much fluid as you can right now to try to build up your reserve, baby needs it to grow. Good luck to you!
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.