Rare Diseases Community

Does anyone have MGUS??

Hi.  I posted this in another forum but got no answers, so I thought I would try here.  Thanks in advance for any advice.

I was diagnosed with MGUS, which is a pre-cancerous condition that can lead to bone cancer and some other gnarly stuff.  According to Wikipedia, Hep C is one of several diseases that MGUS can present with, so I am posting there first.  The only things I found on the subject when I searched MedHelp, were very old posts, so I thought I would see if there are any current folks who may know about this.  Here is the description from Wikipedia:

Monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance (MGUS, unknown or uncertain may be substituted for undetermined), formerly benign monoclonal gammopathy, is a condition in which a paraprotein is found in the blood during standard laboratory tests. It resembles multiple myeloma and similar diseases, but the levels of antibody are lower, the number of plasma cells (white blood cells that secrete antibodies) in the bone marrow is lower, it has no symptoms or problems, and no treatment is indicated. However, multiple myeloma develops at the rate of about 1-2% a year, so doctors recommend monitoring it yearly. In rare cases, it may also be related with a slowly progressive symmetric distal sensorimotor neuropathy.
i've was diagnosed in august.  it was found because i passed out in july.  MGUS, anemia and exhaution is all that has been found. The anemia has been fought for yeas and the osteoporoses has been fought three years however vitamins seem to do nothing.  By any chance do you also have the exhaustion?  paaaetz.
Hi Paetz,

Sorry to hear you passed out!  MGUS was found by a Rheumatologist, along with Osteoarthritis in one digit and Rhematoid in another (very odd, I know).  There are no distinct symptoms for MGUS that I know of.  I have, however, probably been borderline Anemic for a long time but never realized it.  I am currently Anemic and exhausted because of being in treatment for Hep C.  When you were diagnosed with MGUS, did they recommend anything??  Or are you just being monitored?  Have you noticed additional bone pain??  I haven't seen any big fluctuations in my labs, and pray it stays that way.  All the best to you!  Thanks for chiming in on my question :0)
if this goes through on the third try contact me by e-mail  ***@****
it would be great to exchange information without all these problems
since they blockerd out my address. I will try again. it seems that most of the time they won't take my password.  847 i have the bone pane that you talk abpout and the anemia.  I am going to mayo after all the probelems with the local 381 doctors that seem to ignore the changes juntill  it progresses to mm.  I would love to 3720 be able to give you any and all information as I get it.  bonnie
i have mgus and also hep"c" how do we make contact and exchange info.
i have had hep"c" as long as vietnam but mgus maybe 6 or 7 years. mgus wasn't explained very thoroughly before as they thought it was cancer. i am being treated at present va san diego. would like to exchange info
New study links cell phones to slightly increased cancer risk. Should you be concerned?