Respiratory Disorders Community

Low oxygen level

I have low oxygen levels, if I don't use oxygen my level will be the low 80's. I have had every pulmonary test there is and they all show normal, but yet my oxygen level is low.  If I use 2 liters of oxygen my levels are in the 90's. ANYONE OUT THERE KNOW WHAT THE CAUSE MIGHT BE?
Sometimes there is a persistant mycobacterial infection. These are bacteria without cell walls.  There are not exactly bacteria. Although it isn't done, I would suggest a fluoroquiinalone challange. Get your physician to prescribe a week of Cipro, which is a specific antibiotic that will sometimes clear up these infections. They are difficult to diagnose and interfere with transfer of oxygen. Of course that may not be the problem. You need to get a second opinion from another pulmonologist.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Is your area one of the dirtiest-air cities in the nation?