Respiratory Disorders Community

Lump in the throat

Hello....
I am a 17 year old girl and i have been suffering from a lump in the throat for two months now.First it was not painful at all but it was annoying. I was worried and checked with a doctor. He told me it is a viral infection and gave me medication. This didn't relieve me at all. After that, I could feel the lump getting larger every day. I can't stop thinking about it. Now after two months of having it, i can feel extreme pain in my throat and in my neck when I move it. It seems now like i swallowed a big ball and it is stuck in my throat. I can't eat from this sensation. Can it be just stress and it's all in my head? Did anyone experience this before? If so, what did you do to relieve it?
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The common causes for difficulty in swallowing are enlarged tonsils and GERD. Gastro esophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) is caused due to reflux of acid from the stomach into the esophagus. You will need to consult your primary care physician who will examine your throat and may ask for some tests like barium swallow or endoscopy to determine the cause for difficulty in swallowing.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Is your area one of the dirtiest-air cities in the nation?
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.