Respiratory Disorders Community

Morning Cough?

Well, it all started about a year ago. I don't really remember how, might have been after a cold or just on it's own but I started getting a "morning wet cough" this is basically how it would happen, I would wake up in the morning with a sort of stuffy nose (one nostril may be slighty plugged) but I wouldn't be coughing... however, let's say I woke up at 8:00 AM in the morning I would hear my nose sort of pop a couple times and I can sort of feel it draining, and then around 11:00 AM I would start getting a wet cough which was extremely annoying and THEN around 12:00 (give or take a half hour) it would get really bad and I couldn't speak unless I coughed, almost like there was mucous blocking my airway or touching my vocal tract. Then around 1:00 PM it would lighten up and go back to normal and I could live out the rest of my day. It's been about a year now and I have tried EVERYTHING and when I say everything, I mean everything, doctors, natural herbs, bed wedges, mold inspection, cleaning and yet it still persist. Nothing lightens it up! Some things can ease it for a little while but every day for the past year at around 11:00 AM in the morning I get the same thing and it will last sometimes for just 2 hours, sometimes for 3. It has thrown me into a depression as no one seems to know or understand what it is. I would like to point out however, that I sleep night just fine and it doesn't last forever, in fact as the day progresses it gets lighter and I just cough a couple times in the evening or afternoon but nothing really bad. It's only really bad in the late morning. I have NO idea what this is and I've talked to almost every person or professional I could. They all say it's probably Post Nasal Drip or asthma yet I can pretty much breath fine.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Is your area one of the dirtiest-air cities in the nation?
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.