Respiratory Disorders Community

PAIN UNDER LEFT BREAST

I sometimes experience sharp pain under my left breast, leaving me gasping for air and burping a lot. What could be the cause of that, if its gas what causes it? Im a 34 year old woman and have no children.
Hi, Your symptoms of pain and burping could be attributed to GERD, (Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease), where the acid contents of the stomach come up into the esophagus. Your symptoms could also be due to indigestion or peptic ulcer disease. Only a consultation with your primary care physician can help diagnose the cause.

In the meantime try lifestyle measures to help with your symptoms. Take frequent small meals. Eat dinner about two hours before sleeping. Elevate the head end of the bed. Keep a food diary and note down what aggravates your symptoms and avoid them. Ensure to maintain optimum weight by regular exercise. Avoid non steroidal  anti inflammatory medications NSAID's, quit smoking, eliminate alcohol and reduce stress levels. These measures need to be practiced long term for results. Hope this helps!!
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Is your area one of the dirtiest-air cities in the nation?
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.