Respiratory Disorders Community

Return to sports after IVC filter?

I am scheduled for an emergency inferior vena cava filter next week following recurrence of pulmonary emboli whilst on coumadin. I understand that I will be having a permanent filter. I am 39 years old. I have two questions that haven't been answered in the patient information I was given and would appreciate some help/input.

1. When I have the IVC filter will I still be on life-long coumadin as I am now?

2. Are there any restrictions to doing sports activities with an IVC filter especially in relation to the intensity. For instance is there any problem exercising maximally for 30-90 minutes?

Thanks for any and all help and advice.
Can anyone tell me if posts on here get viewed and answered? I posted this a couple of weeks ago and haven't seen any comments as yet. I know you are all really busy people but if most posts don't get answered I'm probably better trying another forum.
Thanks.
Lungsrus
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Is your area one of the dirtiest-air cities in the nation?
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.