STDs / STIs Community

Can hiv positive father transfer the infection to his child at birth

2. Can hiv positive father transfer the infection to his child, without ever infecting the mother?

About 9 years ago I received unprotected oral sex from two sperate people and about 17 years ago I had unprotected sex.  My wife was recently tested negative for STD.  I have been married for 9 years now, my wife is the only person I have ever had any sexual relationships with.  Recently my doctor told us that my daughter could have lymphopenia, could it be possible that I am infected with hiv and have passed that on to my daughter without ever infecting my wife.

Please let me know.

Told you to post in the HIV community, this is the STD community again.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.