STDs / STIs Community

Anal Herpes from escorts wrist bracelet?

I'm a 30 y/o hetro male with no previous STD's (tested fairly regularly) freaking out after doing something really, really stupid.

2 days ago I visited a professional escort. I asked her for a handjob with condom as I'm extremely anxious about catching anything, and felt this was as safe as could be (considering that she was an escort).

She offered to give me a massage first, which I was fine with. During the massage, her hands with gently moving around (but never being invasive) my anal area and genitals. Again, this seemed harmless to me.

However, for a good couple of times (maybe 10 times) whilst I was laid on the bed head down, *** exposed as it were, when her hands were going over my anal area, I could feel a wrist bracelet/chain dropping into my anal area as her hand went past. Felt nice, and again, thought little of it in terms of problems.

Now it's 2 days later an I've discovered a tender to the touch red bump in my anal area, the size of the tip of a finger (about 1cm diameter).

I'm freaking out that the bracelet, which she was obviously wearing all day and probably all the time when working, has probably been in a lot of other guys ***** whilst she's performed the same kind of massage (amongst other things) and it's transmitted an STD to me. Could it be considered the same as a sex toy, in which case, have I let an escort basically stroke my *** repeatedly with an unprotected sex toy?

My first thought when I noticed it were - could it be herpes? Can it be transmitted the way i've described? What should I expect in terms of continuing symptoms as from what I've read, this tender lump/bump is just the start of things.

I'm trying to stay rationale but I can't escape the thought i've contracted something.

I will be very, very grateful of any advise from the community on here.

Thank you in advance,

M.
have you had the bump looked at by a doctor?
No, I haven't been to a doctor yet. I'm guessing you're saying there is a risk then?
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.