STDs / STIs Community
39k Members

Rectal Bump

I have a small pea sized bump inside my anus(about a inch inside) It is slightly painful if squeezed. I am a 50 year old male and am scheduled for a full medical exam and a colonsoscopy(if required)

Quite frankly I am concerned that this bump is the early stage of rectal/colon cancer!!!  Could this be some kind of infection. I have been married 20+ years with no other partner so STD can be ruled out.
COMMUNITY LEADER
If its not an std, we really can't help you here.  

I'd advise that you see your doctor soon, and don't wait (you don't say when your appt is).

You might also try posting in the men's health or colon cancer forums.

Aj
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.